William James, one of the world’s most distinguished early psychologists, reached the conclusion that the average individual was using only a small portion of his or her real potential, perhaps as little as 10%. He wrote, “Most people live, whether physically, intellectually, or morally, in a very restricted circle of their potential being. They make use of a very small portion of their possible consciousness, and their soul’s resources in general, much like a person who, out of their whole bodily organism, gets into the habit of using and moving only their little finger.” Our awareness can go through 7 levels of awareness as we develop personally.
Consciousness is the quality or state of being aware of an external object or something within oneself. Here we are referring to inner consciousness.
- Animalistic consciousness – this is where we react to life. This where the fight or flight response is triggered. We are all born in to this but then we move to a mass awareness.
- Mass consciousness – we are trained to be like others. Look at the results here 1-3% of the population are making 97% of all the money. This where our paradigms that hold us back are expressed.
- Aspiration consciousness – this when we aspire to be more than we currently are. We have a desire to do something greater, make great things happen, be wealthy, etc.
- Individual consciousness – this is when we change and we want to express our uniqueness as a human being. This can be expressed through our goals.
- Discipline consciousness – inside we develop some discipline and we give ourselves a command and then follow our wants or desires to break free. We have to go past the wish, shut down the sensory factors and turn to the inner mental muscles to see the change in our results.
- Experience consciousness – seeing that taking a good idea (goal) and impressing it on the subconscious mind through writing and listening using repetition, we get emotionally involved and this changes our behavior. We keep acting on it despite the outside conditions or circumstances and get new results or experiences.
- Mastery consciousness – not letting the old paradigms control us anymore. We take control of self and only respond to what is going on around us and not react anymore. We have a great attitude and feel very productive.
As you read through these awareness levels, do you see or recognize ones that are more familiar than others? Are you working to stay out of mass consciousness? Ultimately when we can remain in mastery consciousness, we can live the life we dream of.
Dare to Dream!
I appreciate getting feedback on my blog. I enjoy hearing from you and if you would like to explore any of these issues, I would love to guide you through them. Feel free to back link to your blog via the commentluv feature here.