According to Earl Nightingale success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal. While Paul J. Meyer says, success is the progressive realization of predetermined, worthwhile, personal goals. Success is steady progress toward one’s personal goals according to Jim Rohn and Bob Proctor.
There are as many ways to describe success as there are people. Each one of us has our own individual definition based on our desires, goals, dreams, worthy ideals, life vision, intentions and aspirations.
In our journey as spiritual beings, success encompasses not only material wealth but also sound physical health, fulfilling relationships, meaningful friendships, the joy of self-expression, freedom from negative emotions, the capacity to understand people and self-mastery.
In the 30 day plan, you will find a meditation, a strategy, a mindful application and suggested readings on each of the days. The following is from one of my blogs and it would definitely be considered a strategy for success.
In “The 10 Components of Success”, I wrote, “the secret of success involves the awareness that success is the progressive realization of worthwhile, predetermined, emotionally inspiring, clearly defined personal goals or dreams.
1. Find your passion. Follow your heart. Keep your focus on your “why” so you are motivated to hang in to the finish. A burning desire is the greatest motivator. Look for your own unique solution to the challenges you see around you. Love what you do.
2. Commit to the goal or dreams and dedicate yourself completely to the attainment of them. Write and clarify your purpose and vision. Once you commit, “then providence moves too”. “All sorts of things occur to assist one that never otherwise would have occurred” (W.N. Murray, 1951). Keep the faith, even in the face of current reality. Consistently and constantly give attention to the things you are choosing to create.
3. Develop a plan for achieving your goal/dream and a timeline as to when it will be attained. Follow the SMART rule (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Target dated). Break it down into day by day planning. Stay balanced by setting goals in all areas of life, not just career.
4. Take action daily. Cultivate a dogged determination to follow through. Persevere. Ask for what you need. Develop a team. Step out of your comfort zone. Go the extra mile. Focus on the journey, not the destination.
5. Maintain a positive attitude every day by exposing yourself to positive ideas, thoughts and people. Learning is lifelong. Have an attitude of gratitude. Work on your positive self talk. Develop an “I can” attitude.
6. See obstacles and challenges as possibilities and make the most of every opportunity. Give your attention to the solutions and opportunities the obstacles created. Gain knowledge from your mistakes and learn to do a self critique to improve. Solicit feedback and take corrective action. Become skilled at saying, “thank you for sharing” to your doubting voices and carry on toward the goal. Take into account that change is constant. Be flexible, optimistic and work diligently. Change past programming (paradigms). Remember the ultimate goal is to bring the energy back to where you are headed. The most successful people have also experienced the most failures on their journey to their dreams.
7. Write down and concentrate on your strengths and values instead of your weaknesses. Use your unique abilities. Visualize and affirm and emotionalize your success daily. Remember what you focus on, expands.
8. Come from your heart to help others and make a contribution to the world. Give back using your talents and resources.
9. Have a mastermind team or a support group or a mentor to hold the space for your success. Utilize the Universal Laws and the Universal Mind.
10. Acknowledge and celebrate your successes along the way. Reward yourself and thank others.
I hope that this success process will help you toward your personal goals or dreams. Once you master all of these components, you will develop the habit of success and anything is possible.” All the Universal Laws work together to create success. Specifically day 28, the Law of Success and day 19, the Law of Manifestation will expand on The 10 Components of Success.